G73 Specialised Training comprises of former South African Special Forces instructors
Our chief instructor Joseph McIntyre (Mac) completed 18 years’ service with the South African Special Forces (Recces) where he was deployed as a team member, team leader and mission commander on numerous special operations on the African continent.
During his service, he was responsible for the compilation and consolidation of Special Forces doctrine, curriculum, training and assessment material for the South African Special Forces Reconnaissance, Team Leaders and Combat Demolition Course.
He has presented numerous Special Forces courses (Basic Cycle, Combat Demolitions, and Special Forces Team Leader and Reconnaissance Course) to local and international students.
- At 4 Special Forces Regiment as Acting 41 Commando Commander (Major), where he was responsible for: detailed planning, budgets, and liaison with foreign governments and senior government officials to facilitate the execution of Special Forces operations in the interest of the state. His tasks included providing counter terror operational assistance to the South African Police Special Task Force and crime intelligence during the 2010 Soccer World Cup.
- At 4 Special Forces Regiment as Reconnaissance Group Commander (Major), where he was responsible for: doing detailed planning, budgets, liaison with foreign governments and senior government officials to facilitate the execution of Special Forces Operations in the interest of the state; and the execution of sensitive reconnaissance and surveillance operations in the interest of national security.
- At Special Forces School as Chief Trainer and Course Leader (Lieutenant-Captain) for Special Forces Basic and Advanced Training. His responsibilities included compiling curriculums, doctrine and manuals; presenting lectures on Special Forces weapon craft, bushcraft, communications, survival, leadership and demolitions; as well as completing all the required administration (budgets and administrative/confidential personal reports).
- At Special Forces Regiment as Team Leader (Sergeant – Staff Sergeant) of Special Forces two man reconnaissance team, where he was responsible for the planning and execution of sensitive reconnaissance and surveillance operations in the interest of state security.
Since leaving the Military, he has been actively involved in security, survival and hostile environmental awareness training for corporate executives in the private sector as well as assisting with providing security resilience and business continuity consultancy services to corporations operating in challenging environments.
Training Quality Manager
Our training quality manager has sixteen years’ training experience as a senior trainer in the South African police service where she was responsible for the development, implementation and management of various police learning programs.
Among others she
- Was selected in 2010 to facilitate a five-week Train the Trainer Course in Sudan for the Sudanese Police heads of sections.
- Presented Train the Trainer Course for the National Prosecuting Authority and US Aid for the various role players involved in the JSSP Prosecution Guided Investigators Training program in 2012.
- Deployed to Sudan as part of the United Nations Mission for 18 months to facilitate various learning programs for the South Sudanese Police.